Parker Huggett Limited
Assistant Project Manager – Permanent – 2697 Toronto, ON
About the Opportunity
This well-funded and well-positioned firm has a significant landbank with plans to deliver class-A apartment buildings across select neighbourhoods in the GTA for the foreseeable future.
With a people-first approach, they develop innovative new urban living spaces and have put together a solid team to allow them to self-deliver future builds. Aside from offering competitive salaries and benefits to attract top talent, they have implemented a positive and collaborative team culture and other benefits to allow their team to share in the success and profitability of their innovative developments.
With a growing team and pipeline of work, they are now looking to add Assistant Project Managers to their team for at least 2 current projects and a long-term growth plan that supports the continued professional development of the people who drive their business.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting all aspects of project construction with a view to completing the project on time, on budget and in accordance with quality control standards
- Reviewing and managing the construction schedule in conjunction with the construction management team
- Reviewing all contract drawings and specifications for completeness and coordination and ensuring that the building is built in accordance with these documents
- Reviewing full trade scopes and tender documents in conjunction with the construction management team
- Assisting in monitoring the project’s material and labour costs and ensure accurate reporting is being completed
- Attending project meetings with consultants, trades and/or the construction management team
- Ensuring trade activities are undertaken in an organized fashion and work is completed in time for scheduled occupancies and commissioning of the project
- Advising fellow team members of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts
- Maintaining excellent relationships with trade contractors on-site, architects and consultants
- Ensuring comprehensive project close-out
- Leading consultants with regards to project conception and final execution
- Reviewing and supervise the design and construction of projects from concept to completion, including project schedule
- Assisting with reviewing and approving project schedules / budgets, tender contracts
- Negotiating agreements with construction suppliers and prepare change orders when necessary and analyze the costs
- Providing site directives necessary for work progression
- Ensuring, with the mandated professionals, the quality of executed work and the conformity with laws and regulations as well as applicable building codes
- Supporting / Approving payment of invoices according to established procedures
- Implementing and organizing policies and procedures to ensure all sites operate in a safe and efficient manner and comply with all relevant legislation as applicable
- Driving consistency of operations, identifying best practices and leading implementation
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience building with a construction manager or developer/builder as a project coordinator or Assistant PM
- A strong desire to learn and support a collaborative team who brings a high level of standards to their day-to-day work
About the Job
This is a full-time, permanent position offering industry leading compensation and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to Sonia@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2697.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/