Parker Huggett Limited
Building Operator – Permanent – 2537 Ottawa, ON
About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett is proud to be working with an established Ottawa based Property Management firm to recruit a Building Operator overseeing a portfolio of government-owned properties in Ottawa!
This is a business with a strong collaborative culture; by putting their people first, they strive for continuous improvement in supporting their tenants’, their clients and their employee’s well-being.
They believe in investing in their staff and offering ongoing professional development, to make the work fun and rewarding for everyone.
In this role, you will be reporting directly to the Building Supervisor and supporting the Project Management team. The opportunity exists for this individual to build a long-term career with a dynamic, growing and reputable group.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing a mixed portfolio of high-profile properties
- Liaising directly with clients and tenants to ensure their requirements are met
- Issuing purchase orders for contractors
- Working closely with contractors to ensure quality and compliance with building standards
- Supervising work performed by contractors and reporting any discrepancies
- Troubleshooting for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire and life safety
- Inspecting the building exterior and ensuring that all maintenance and repair work is performed properly
- Working with building automation systems
- Working on multiple platforms of BAS systems
- Establishing and maintaining building operation service standards for the portfolio
- Focusing on long range planning, service benchmarking, and strategic vendor relationships
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial property management, with experience as a hands-on building manager
- Strong knowledge of building systems and operations including security and life safety, HVAC, Elevators, occupational health and safety and environmental compliance
- Strong focus on customer service
- Strategic thinking ability and the motivation to look for new ways to improve property management services
- Strong leadership abilities to provide direction and motivation
- Strong organization skills with an ability to quickly prioritize and adjust style and plans when faced with unexpected situations
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- A vehicle and clean driving record
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
About the Job
This position offers a competitive compensation package including base-salary, performance-based variable pays, comprehensive benefits and participation in the company pension plan.
Given the nature of this role, it may at time require irregular or long work hours when required.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2537.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: http://www.parkerhuggett.com/#ourprocess