Parker Huggett Limited
Health & Safety Advisor – Permanent – 2720 Windsor, ON
About the Opportunity
Our client delivers critical infrastructure projects across the energy, automotive and transit markets across Canada. Integrity, Partnership and Empowerment are at the core of what our client values, while ensuring that safety is #1.
Our client is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team to coordinate and execute safety responsibilities as specified in project safety plans and the company Health and Safety Manual. The Health & Safety Advisor will manage and coordinate all project safety responsibilities, and effectively implement, execute, maintain, and document all safety efforts at such projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts daily safety inspections and audits on a project site. Corrects or abates basic hazards, unsafe acts, safety violations, or safety issues. Effectively addresses basic project safety concerns that may develop or exist. Consults Safety Manager or above to resolve any safety matters that are not basic or have project only implications
- Executes Project Safety plans, company safety manual policies and procedures, as well as OHSA standards on a project
- Leads or facilitate safety meetings and orientations. Participates in project leadership meetings for the presentation and dissemination of project safety matters. May conduct formal safety training with authorization from the Safety Manager
- Leads 3rd party safety inspections at projects such as those conducted by project teams, insurance companies, MLSTD, and similar governmental or business authorities. Reports results or findings of such inspections to Safety Manager and/or above
- Leads or performs incident investigations for all types of incidents and compiles documentation and summaries of such investigations
- Performs additional assignments or project strategies at the direction of Safety Manager or above
- Attends pre-construction project coordination meetings to coordinate and manage project safety needs
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 4+ years full time experience in construction safety position required (or 6+ years’ experience in other industry safety-related role)
- Current Basic Adult First Aid & CPR provider card required
- Intermediate skills in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of safety and construction principles, practices, standards, and methods. Basic knowledge of environmental regulations is required (advanced knowledge is a plus). Basic knowledge of union relations is required in union work environments
- Intermediate knowledge of regulations, codes, standards, and best practices
- Effective time management, organization skills and attention to detail for short- and long-term goals and tasks. Ability to multi-task, prioritize activities, meet deadlines and work under pressure. Ability to lead or coordinate a small team or basic effort
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and members of a project team including subcontractors and owners
- Basic management, decision and leadership skills
- Safety Certifications from accredited educational establishments for multi class course completions is preferred
- Recognized safety designation is preferred
About the Job
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Windsor, Ontario offering a competitive salary and industry leading benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to Allyson@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2720.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/