Parker Huggett Limited
ICI Estimator, General Contracting – Permanent – 2681 Toronto, ON
About the Opportunity
Our long-term client, one of Canada’s largest and most reputable leaders in General Contracting, is interested in speaking with Estimating talent who desire to advance their career while adding value to a solid senior nucleus!
This Top Tier General Contractor is a growing, dynamic, and innovative firm who have experienced continued and significant growth in the GTA and Ontario Market for both ICI and Civil Infrastructure projects.
The VP of this Canadian General Contractor has built a solid team with the mantra of, “you find the best people, and you’ll build the better together.” and their culture and success is a testament to that approach; They’ve continued to foster an environment focused on developing extensive project portfolios while cultivating learning and growth opportunities for a robust internal team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing coaching skills with the estimating team throughout all aspects of the estimating process
- Determining the project scope of work
- Setting-up and completing estimates in company standard estimating program
- Preparing preliminary construction schedules based on self-performed activities and subcontractor input
- Completing estimate quantification and costing of general condition requirements, labour, and equipment, including productivities, material, etc
- Identifying and developing constructability requirements for project construction
- Analyzing design criteria and recommending best options based on cost, engineering quality, and availability of materials
- Identifying and proposing project risk and cost mitigation as well as the potential for project opportunities and cost savings
- Analyzing and proposing potential strategies, advantages, or innovations for the project that could result in a more competitive bid
- Applying labour and equipment productivities to estimates based on historically accurate values
- Analyzing subcontractor bids for irregularities and ensuring the full scope of work is included
- Overseeing bid closings of mid to large projects led by more junior team members
- Assembling conceptual and budget costs using past project analytics, benchmarking, and historical data
- Leading / managing the Kick-Off Meeting, weekly strategy meetings, and any formal meetings pertinent to ensuring the estimate process will meet the milestone dates established
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduate and completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school; Gold Seal Certified, LEED Accredited, and LEAN experience are all assets
- Ability to understand, utilize, and communicate specialized information in speech and written text
- 8 to 10 years of a combination of field and estimating experience; design-build experience and proficiency in a variety of general procurement methods is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, scheduling software (Primavera preferred), quantification software (such as OnScreen Takeoff, Bluebeam, Agtek), and BIM modelling is an asset
- Advanced degree of aptitude in comprehending tender documents, specifications, and drawings, with an understanding of contractual requirements
- In-depth understanding of all construction scopes of work with the ability to develop scopes of work-initiated tenders
About the Job
This is a full-time, permanent position, with a preference for office-based work alongside the team. The company boasts a great culture, the ability to work with a strong team of construction professionals with a proven track record, and a supportive management style with genuine room for growth. Of course, competitive salary and industry leading benefits are on offer as well, including:
- Employee Ownership
- RRSP plans
- Other standard benefits like health, dental, life insurance and additional allowances
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2681.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/