Parker Huggett Limited
Infrastructure Project Manager – Permanent – 2550 Toronto, ON
About the Opportunity
Our client loves to build and is looking for a PM who shares that passion!
With strong roots as a builder within the Canadian Infrastructure Sector, our client has experienced growth within their Infrastructure East Group in the GTA. In addition to various projects underway ranging from $50M to $200M+, this Canadian Builder continues to secure new and challenging projects in the Greater Toronto Area.
As an employee-owned company, they can offer the opportunity for you to capitalize on their collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You will also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
This Infrastructure Builder has continued to foster an environment focused on developing extensive project portfolios while cultivating learning and growth opportunities for a robust internal team. Led by a talented senior team, with great confidence, this growing organization has continued to demonstrate the value they add to key, leading-edge projects while positively shaping our communities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with preconstruction in preparing, revising, and monitoring information regarding reports related to costs involved in developing the project budget
- Managing the subcontracting process, which includes facilitating initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, developing subcontract scopes of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process
- Directing the process of determining the quantity of budget estimates / deliverables to the client
- Managing the project administration and daily operations, escalating issues as necessary
- Managing the project schedule and milestone dates, and ensuring that close-out checklists are prepared and maintained during the project lifecycle
- Maintaining relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key project personnel to verify that materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and / or delivered when required
- Reviewing performance standards and metrics against which the team will be measured
- Monitoring the change management process, which includes identifying change events, submitting change notices, pricing and tracking change work, optional changes in project scope, and negotiating change orders with clients
- Establishing project teams, defining roles and responsibilities, and facilitating project team meetings
- Reviewing contract documents and ensuring proper project planning, scheduling, staffing and cost control
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or a related field with 10 years of Construction Project Management experience
- Experience in estimate preparation, forecasting, pricing, risk/claim management, contract management, profit and loss responsibility, scheduling, and quality
- Experience working proactively regarding risk and claim management, and ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
About the Job
This is a full-time permanent position with one of Canada’s leading general contractors. It offers industry leading benefits, competitive salary, immediate opportunities for professional development. Most importantly, this is a great opportunity for a self-motivated PM to join a winning team to drive continued growth for both the business and your career.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to Scotth@parkerhuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote 2550.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/