Parker Huggett Limited
Manager, Siding & Cladding – Permanent – 2674 Ottawa, ON
About the Opportunity
Are you an individual with siding and exterior building façade experience looking for a rewarding, personable, flexible, and results-based environment that can offer genuine room for progression, look no further.
Our client is a roofing, siding & cladding contractor established from humble beginnings in 2005, which has since grown to be a reputable delivery partner for developers, commercial property managers, consultancies, various public and private institutions and beyond. They have built up a great reputation to date for delivering on various large and complex projects and their capabilities continue growing as they do.
Although still a medium-sized team, they are high-performers who work hard and have fun doing it. They have thrived from empowering their staff to deliver to the best of their ability and providing them with the autonomy to manage their own workloads accordingly. If you’re someone who is looking to manage and be part of a growing division, then this could be the opportunity for you. You would be working in an environment where you’ll be trusted to do your job with flexibility and will be given the opportunity to continue your professional growth and development, this is a rare opportunity to have your cake and eat it too!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare estimates with the estimation team for tendering
- Prepare production work orders and assemble start-up documents/submittals
- Price change orders and extra work
- Organize field personnel with Superintendent
- Create, manage, and organize schedules
- Purchase materials, negotiate with suppliers, and arrange for materials to be on site
- Meet with Architects and consultants
- 9-Build new relationships with prospective clients through organizations such as OCA, BOMA etc
- Project Manage large multi-scope projects
- Hire manpower and subcontractors as required
- Provide monthly billing for projects and required documents
- Oversee service department requirements
- Oversee maintenance of equipment as required
- Review job costs and cost controls.
- Create and maintain relationships with new and existing clients for prospective flat roof replacement
- Oversee improvements to procedures and equipment
- Help develop an in-house metal fabrication shop
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Practical or theoretical knowledge of various siding systems, particularly Vinyl, Aluminum lap siding. James Hardie Products, Metal, Cementitious cladding/panels and ACM panels on occasion
- Previous relevant siding technical experience
- Strong leadership experience with an entrepreneurial mentality
- A good practical understanding of the process for delivering relevant projects
- The ability to be client-facing and communicate professionally as a representative of the business
- Great organizational abilities
- A positive attitude and the desire to win as part of a team
About the Job
A competitive salary and benefits are on offer for this position.
The office is located in the Gloucester area of Ottawa, but flexible working is an option once established within the team.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to scotth@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2674.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/