Parker Huggett Limited
Civil Estimator – Permanent – 2682 Vaughan, ON
Are you an Estimator or Senior Estimator interested in joining a growing general contractor with 50+ years working on landmark civil infrastructure projects? If so, then we can connect you with the perfect opportunity!
This leader in the civil arena has a longstanding reputation for delivering infrastructure ranging from major transit, to telecom, utilities, transportation, and so on. With an honest mandate for safety, a strong professional culture where everyone is known by their name, and a desire to deliver the best possible service on time and on budget, this GC has been making waves in the industry for decades and have entered an exciting growth phase in recent years.
At this opportune stage in their growth, Parker Huggett is looking to help them identify Estimators for their team. This is a great opportunity to build your career while also being exposed to a variety of different facets within civil infrastructure.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reading, understanding, and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Understanding and tailoring estimates and proposal response documents for unit rate and lump sum contracts
- Participating in pursuits relating to stipulated price (bid-build), design-build and construction/project management project deliveries
- Participating in and contributing to constructability, staging and schedule reviews
- Assisting in the assembly of accurate and well-organized cost estimates
- Completing detailed quantity takeoffs from provided documents
- Identifying areas of risk and information gaps and seeking direction from senior department staff or customer representatives
- Formatting and constructing estimate cost breakdowns which incorporate takeoffs into HeavyBid software
- Identifying scopes of work within pursuits which may be completed by sub-contractors or materials which must be provided by third-party suppliers
- Proposing and applying labor, equipment and material resources for application in estimates
- Soliciting and organizing sub-contractor and supplier quotations, negotiating to ensure sub-contractor quotations meet the requirements and intent of associated contract documents
- Participating in tender closings
- Filling out or otherwise completing documents which are required for pursuits, including planning for and delivering tenders
- Building, writing and submitting quotation letters
- Developing and maintaining information databases and relationships with sub-contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Maintaining rate database for estimating
- Reviewing bid advertising websites and report leads
- Participating in weekly planning and strategy meetings
- Assisting and helping with site supervision during slow period
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree or diploma related to engineering or construction
- 3+ years of experience in heavy civil
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel as well as HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software is a must
- A forward-thinking mindset with the ability to implement innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
About the Job
- This full-time, permanent opportunity will be based out of the company’s office North of Toronto, however there will be periodic travel to job sites
- The salary for this position will be based on experience but we can say that this organization offers a competitive base salary with amazing company perks
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2682.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/