Parker Huggett Limited
Senior Project Manager, ICI – Permanent – 2728 Toronto, ON
About the Opportunity
Our client, a leading Canadian, employee-owned general contractor, whose primary focus is building better communities and cities, as well as providing brighter futures for their team, is looking to add a Senior Project Manager to their team in Toronto.
Our client prides themselves on being 100% employee-owned and 100% driven to build right. Building together truly makes a difference for their partners and team members!
Their core values are: team inclusion, diversity, collaboration, ingenuity and innovation. These attributes have actioned this ‘builder’ to see things differently.
Their story continues to attract top local talent in Toronto, Ontario by making bold and positive change with partners internally and externally in the Ontario Construction Market Place.
“When our work benefits others, we’ve succeeded” is a mantra and conversation that happens internally and at the core of the company. If you’re interested in learning more about our client and potentially transitioning to this excellent company, please call us to discuss.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with preconstruction in preparing, revising, and monitoring information regarding reports related to costs involved in developing the project budget
- Managing the subcontracting process, which includes facilitating initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, developing subcontract scopes of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process
- Directing the process of determining the quantity of budget estimates / deliverables to the client
- Managing the project administration and daily operations, escalating issues as necessary
- Managing the project schedule and milestone dates, and ensuring that close-out checklists are prepared and maintained during the project lifecycle
- Maintaining relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key project personnel to verify that materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and / or delivered when required
- Reviewing performance standards and metrics against which the team will be measured
- Monitoring the change management process, which includes identifying change events, submitting change notices, pricing and tracking change work, optional changes in project scope, and negotiating change orders with clients
- Establishing project teams, defining roles and responsibilities, and facilitating project team meetings
- Reviewing contract documents and ensuring proper project planning, scheduling, staffing and cost control
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or a related field with 10 years of Construction Project Management experience
- Experience in estimate preparation, forecasting, pricing, risk/claim management, contract management, profit and loss responsibility, scheduling, and quality
- Experience working proactively regarding risk and claim management, and ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
About the Job
This is a full-time permanent position with excellent room for growth and development as well as:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer Matching Retirement Program
- Life insurance
The organization’s core values are: team inclusion, diversity, collaboration, ingenuity and innovation. These attributes have actioned this ‘builder’ to see things differently. Their story continues to attract top local talent across Canada by making bold and positive change with partners internally and externally.
“When our work benefits others, we’ve succeeded” is their mantra and at the core of internal conversation. This has helped to make our client one of Canada’s leading B-Corp Contractors.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2728.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/