Parker Huggett Limited
Estimating Lead and Estimators for Major Infrastructure Projects – Permanent – 2770 Mississauga, ON
About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett is proud to continue supporting the growth of a diversified and dynamic, Canadian owned and operated construction company in their search for Heavy Civil Estimating Talent to lead major infrastructure projects.
With 35+ years in business and a strong and tenured team to guide them, this group self-performs much of their work and has developed a reputation for excellence in the delivery of design build and engineering services for civil and construction industry customers, ranging from paving, road building, major infrastructure/transit projects, to ICI and beyond.
Their continued growth is a testament to their values; partnering for productivity, leading through empowerment, and seeing challenges as portals of opportunity. With continued growth in sight, we are looking to help them identify an Estimating Lead/Manager, as well as Intermediate Estimators, with demonstrable experience working on major transit and heavy civil projects.
If you want your next professional experience to be one that helps you master new skills, build meaningful relationships, access limitless growth opportunities, and benefit our Ontario communities, this is an excellent opportunity to consider.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 5-10+ years of progressive estimating experience depending on the position, in civils or related disciplines is required
- Confidence in quantifying and pricing significant scopes of work on projects of at least $200m+
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines for normal functions and special assignments
- Attention to detail, mathematical and analytical skills, and accuracy
- Proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access) is essential, experience of using estimating software is preferred
- Estimating software experience
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external clients
- An understanding of site conditions that impact bid costs, ensuring constructability
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner
- A knowledge of various types of construction contracts
About the Job
These are full-time permanent positions based in the GTA. Aside from exciting projects and genuine growth/development opportunities, the company offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer Matching Retirement Program
- Life insurance
- Discretionary Bonus
- Other benefits dependent on the specifics of the position
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to Allyson@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2770.
Thank you for your interest in these roles. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the roles and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/