Parker Huggett Limited
Quality Manager, Major Transit Projects & Infrastructure – Permanent – 2782 Toronto, ON
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Quality Manager to deliver world-class transit projects with an industry leading general contractor. Does this sound like the challenge you’re looking for?
This employee-owned GC has built a long-standing reputation for excellence across a number of sectors and provinces and have set themselves up for success in their continued delivery of $100m-$1bm GTA-based transit projects in the years to come. Having attracted some of the best talent in the market to lead and mentor this driven group, they are now looking for a Quality Manager to join them and help ensure that all projects are completed to the highest standard, meeting client requirements and industry regulations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Initiating and assisting with the development of new Quality protocols and processes and monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the Quality system’s effectiveness
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and other key project personnel to verify that the quality of the supplied materials and services meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing Quality Plan submissions from subcontractors when needed and maintain a firm understanding of the contractual requirements for the Quality plan on each project
- Reviewing contract documents for quality-specific requirements and develop Project Specific Quality Plans for new projects, be involved in pre-construction planning where necessary and ensure compliance during execution
- Leading quality audits, as required
- Providing training to the field supervision team on Quality processes
- Developing and communicating performance standards and metrics to all relevant parties while supporting field supervision with Quality inspections and reporting
- Developing regular status reports for the client and the Quality Director, detailing the status of QMS and recommending actions to be taken for continued improvement across all regional Infrastructure projects
- Presenting information and reports to senior business unit leaders as well as written correspondence and/or presentations to external parties (i.e. clients, partners, government agencies, etc.) and participating in bid interviews as required
- Leading by demonstrating a compelling vision towards continuous improvement while creating a culture of accountability with clear expectations and responsibilities
- Taking a forward-looking view of future team development and growth while recruiting and/or promoting the best people available to meet current and future requirements
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Trade experience, certification, diploma, or degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working on medium to large-scale civil/infrastructure construction projects in a Quality related role
- Experience managing internal quality systems within a General Contracting environment
- Strong technical proficiency in Quality-related areas: related legislation, auditing, and data analysis
- Ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers
About the Job
This is a full-time, permanent position based in the GTA. Work would ideally be based between site and office and offers competitive compensation, including salary, comprehensive benefits, employee-ownership, and various other additional perks.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2782.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/