Parker Huggett Limited
Operations Manager, Transportation Infrastructure – Permanent – 2317 Vancouver, BC
About the Opportunity
Are you interested in working with one of BC’s leaders in transportation infrastructure? Parker Huggett is working alongside an established road builder to secure an Operations Manager for their team. With over 30 years in the local market and 100 years of operations from its parent company, this organization can offer you the opportunity to take on the next step and a new challenge in your career.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and mentoring a team of Project Managers, Superintendents and Project Coordinators
- Understanding and reviewing the scope of work, drawings, specifications, documentation and budget for new and existing projects to ensure work is performed in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring company safety program is properly implemented and complied with throughout the duration of projects
- Overseeing and reviewing projects with Project Managers and Superintendent throughout the project lifecycle
- Participating in annual business unit review as well as project procurement and decision making processes to manage overall P&L for the division
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 5 + years of experience in project management
- An in-depth knowledge of road / transportation construction
- A robust understanding of contract documents and specifications (MoTI, municipal specification, MMCD, etc.)
- Strong MS Office skills (including Word, Excel and MS Project) as well as experience with Kheops (ERP)
- A desire to continue learning and growing within your career
- Ability to communicate effectively while building strong teams
About the Job
- A successful candidate will report directly to the VP of Operations and the President/CEO
- The compensation for this opportunity is based on experience; the company does offer a competitive base salary along with industry leading benefits program including a company vehicle with gas card, RRSP matching, bonus, company share programs and so on
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2317.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: http://www.parkerhuggett.com/#ourprocess