Parker Huggett Limited
Project Accounting Administrator, Cambridge ON – Permanent – 2711 Hybrid, ON
About the Opportunity
Our client delivers critical infrastructure projects across the energy, automotive and transit markets across Canada. Integrity, Partnership and Empowerment are at the core of what our client values, while ensuring that safety is #1.
Our client is looking for a Project Accounting Administrator to join their team. Reporting into the Project Controls Manager, the Project Accounting Administrator is considered an integral role within the cost control team supporting in the administration, preparation, setup, and maintenance of project budgets.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing, verifying, and submitting all invoices as per customer contract which includes the creation and submission of Payment Applications, extension of time & material work sheets and proactively reviewing billing opportunities
- Assist in the preparation, setup, and maintenance of project budgets
- Provides analytics of the financial status of construction projects
- Preparing & reviewing financial reports for respective projects
- Identify and monitor project revenue/cost variances
- Track and review project Contemplated Change Notices, Change Directives, Change Orders, status and payment
- Take an active role in monitoring job performance, providing feedback, and working with Project Managers/Project Coordinators in taking corrective action
- Read and understand project related contracts to ensure project set up procedures and invoicing are aligned with contract terms and conditions
- Working with applicable departments (Purchasing, AP, Payroll) to correct irregularities
- Assist in additional finance department projects or reporting as required
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years relevant experience in the construction industry with direct project accounting administration as a requirement
- Strong financial management acumen: advanced knowledge of accounting procedures and protocols, budget administration, financial forecasting, analysis, and reporting
- Proven high degree of accuracy, effective time management, strong organizational skills
- Relevant understanding of construction management principles and processes
- Advanced math/accounting skills (post secondary education an asset)
- Strong skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong skills in Box, Jonas Construction (an asset) or other ERP experience
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize activities and work under pressure
- Results-oriented and ability to take initiative
About the Job
This is a full-time, permanent role with the opportunity to work Hybrid and offering a competitive salary and industry leading benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to Allyson@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote job 2711.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: https://parkerhuggett.com/our-process/