Parker Huggett Limited
Project Manager, Transportation Infrastructure – Permanent – 2525 Toronto, ON
About the Opportunity
With over 150 years in business, our client is well recognized internationally for delivering key transport infrastructure and has built a long-standing reputation for doing so throughout Ontario now for years as well.
With key project wins in recent years, they are looking to expand their team by attracting a strong PM in this space to assist in their continued growth and delivery of notable projects for landmark schemes in Toronto.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure project(s) meet anticipated schedules, stay within budget, meet clients’ expectations and are executed at highest level of quality
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements
- Preparing and managing project budget/itemized costs, construction schedules and milestones, and monitoring project’s progress
- Tendering, reviewing, approving and awarding all sub-trades in conjunction with Estimator. Coordinate sub-trades work activities. Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating daily operations with Site Superintendents, ensuring quality control
- Developing quantity and material take offs for estimation and budget preparations
- Directing the purchase of building materials and equipment
- Monitoring site safety and ensuring compliance to OH&S Act and COR standards
- Reviewing and approving all supplier and subcontractor invoices and weekly time sheets for field workers
- Managing and ensuring that any Contemplated Change Order (CCO), Change Order (CO) and Change Directive (CD) are processed in a timely manner, responding to the timeframes requested by the Client and contract specifications. In all cases, following-up until an approved CO is received within the timelines of contract specifications
- Providing direction for construction methodologies and directing designers in the completion of detailed designs and construction drawing preparations
- Preparing technical specifications for construction services, utilities and works
- Analyzing and providing feedback on reports, design and analysis completed by third parties including engineering firms, architects and technical consultants
- Preparing and leading the execution of project environmental management plan including all waste management, contaminant management, water and soil protection, and mitigation for impacts to wildlife and species at risk
- Overseeing all civil quality control and quality assurance programs including materials testing programs (aggregate and concrete), and quality assurance programs (site survey benchmarks, reinforcing steel inspections, installation tolerances, etc.)
- Maintaining effective communications with senior management and the project team – representing the company effectively and professionally
- Preparing various documents such as technical documents, meeting minutes, project progress status and change order summaries
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring Site Superintendents are up to date on site project documentation
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A team-first approach
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced persuasive communication ability
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- The ability to be autonomous in managing performance & stress
- Workplace health and safety awareness
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including MS Project
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Bluebeam and HECRAS
About the Job
This is a full-time, permanent position, offering competitive salary and extensive additional benefits and allowances.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to Scotth@parkerhuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote 2525.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: http://www.parkerhuggett.com/#ourprocess