Parker Huggett Limited
Project Manager,Transport Infrastructure – Permanent – 2235 Surrey, BC
About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett is working alongside our trusted partner in BC’s civil infrastructure space to recruit a Project Manager to join their team mainly in the Lower Mainland.
This progressive and multi-disciplined group specializes in designing, building, and maintaining transportation infrastructure and urban projects. Their focus includes everything from municipal work up to $10M to complete Design-Build transport infrastructure schemes up to $80M, each constructed with the highest consideration to the health and safety of their employees and an innovative focus on sustainable growth. With every project delivered, their goal is to help reduce the environmental impact of their works and material production.
The business operates multiple offices and related plants across Lower Mainland BC including Surrey and the Fraser Valley. Boasting an overall company structure that spans across Canada and abroad, as well as a deeply rooted local history in BC, this committed local partners’ mission is to deliver mobility solutions, engage and strengthen social bonds, and provide clients’ optimal benefit. The organization strongly values client satisfaction, teamwork, responsibility/accountability, innovation, entrepreneurship but, most importantly, the safety of one another.
Having been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers on multiple occasions, they have a proven track history of providing employees with great benefits, development, compensation and overall an excellent place to work.
Duties in this role include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Proposal Manager with development of responses to RFEOI & RFP
- Coordinating promotional material with Proposal Department
- Validating PM Budgets
- Creating Sales Orders
- Reviewing cost to date and update budget monthly
- Conducting budget review meetings with Construction Manager & Superintendent
- Updating CPSR monthly
- Conducting various meetings (Design, PM, Utility, Environmental, etc)
- Reviewing and Approving Project Plans
- Negotiating with Sub-contractors / Suppliers
- Developing and updating Project Schedules
- Preparing Monthly Progress Reports
- Overseeing Project Quality Management System
- Preparing Progress Draws
- Coordinating CCO’s with CM and Estimator
- Approving invoices for integration
- Assisting with development of employees for future advancement
- Confirming resources are available for project
- Attending Division Meetings
- Reviewing cost codes, identifying successes and failures for weekly analysis
- Coordinating with superintendents to be able to make suggestions and offer guidance
- Investigation H&S risks and incidents to rectify any foreseeable issues
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Civil Engineering related college certificate, Civil Engineering Degree, Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Strong knowledge in Construction Projects Experience in Design-Build projects is an asset but not a requirement
- Our clients are Municipalities, Authorities (Port and Airport); MoTI (Ministry of Transport Infrastructure) and private mainly in the Lower Mainland
- Experience managing projects from a minimum of $5m and the drive to grow into managing up to $80m projects
- Competency with related software and applications used for construction and commercial management
- Experience with and knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems
- Strong leadership abilities and a drive to ensure the safety of your team
- Strong understanding of municipal contracts, specifications, requirements, and claims (MMCD, DBSS)
- The ability to plan well and mitigate risks
- Strong negotiating abilities
About the Job
This world-class organization is able to offer a competitive benefits package and salary for the role.
As with any construction role, priorities and working conditions are subject to fluctuate dependent on the needs of the project, but this is a full-time, salaried position.
Other benefits include health, dental, life insurance, RRSP matching up to 5%, vehicle, gas card, share programs and more.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote 2235.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: http://www.parkerhuggett.com/#ourprocess