Parker Huggett Limited
Senior Project Coordinator/Assistant Project Manager, Roadbuilding – Permanent – 2234 Surrey, BC
About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett is working alongside our trusted partner in BC’s civil infrastructure space to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to join their team – initially to be based on a large and challenging project in Abbotsford.
This progressive and multi-disciplined group specializes in designing, building, and maintaining transportation infrastructure and urban projects. Their focus includes everything from municipal work up to $10M to complete Design-Build transport infrastructure schemes up to $80M, each constructed with the highest consideration to the health and safety of their employees and an innovative focus on sustainable growth. With every project delivered, their goal is to help reduce the environmental impact of their works and material production.
The business operates multiple offices and related plants across Lower Mainland BC including Surrey and the Fraser Valley. Boasting an overall company structure that spans across Canada and abroad, as well as a deeply rooted local history in BC, this committed local partners’ mission is to deliver mobility solutions, engage and strengthen social bonds, and provide clients’ optimal benefit. The organization strongly values client satisfaction, teamwork, responsibility/accountability, innovation, entrepreneurship but, most importantly, the safety of one another.
Having been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers on multiple occasions, they have a proven track history of providing employees with great benefits, development, compensation and overall an excellent place to work.
Duties in this role include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the success of ongoing projects by supporting the project team in daily operations
- Tracking budgets, submitting change orders, and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations
- Reviewing contractual requirements and assisting in preparation of claims
- Tracking and managing compliance with HSE and quality standards and ensuring the team’s attention to detail in delivery
- Performing contract administration to liaise between all project stakeholders and ensure effective communication of progress and schedule for planned and reactive works
- Managing project and trade scheduling on and off-site using Microsoft Project, Procore and other software
- Assisting project team with staging plans and supporting operational requirements
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Civil Engineering related college certificate or Civil Engineering Degree
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant role (Project coordination/management of road infrastructure and utilities projects)
- Competency with related software and applications used for construction and commercial management
- Experience with and knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems
- Strong commercial and contractual acumen including previous experience with claim submissions and management
- Experience in design and build projects is an asset but not a requirement
About the Job
This world-class organization is able to offer a competitive benefits package and salary for the role.
As with any construction role, priorities and working conditions are subject to fluctuate dependent on the needs of the project, but this is a full-time, salaried position.
Other benefits include health, dental, life insurance, RRSP matching up to 5%, vehicle, gas card, share programs and more.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to ScottH@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote 2234.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: http://www.parkerhuggett.com/#ourprocess