Parker Huggett Limited
Senior Project Manager, Civil Infrastructure – Permanent – 2402 Ottawa, ON
About the Opportunity
Parker Huggett is working with a well-respected General Contractor operating in the civil infrastructure space throughout western Quebec and eastern Ontario since 1934. Their work has long focused on bridges, dams, and water control structures.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join their Ottawa team.
This role will oversee the preparation, direction and coordination of projects throughout their lifecycles including bid proposals, drawings, project specifications, schedules, contract amendments, and ensuring that the client’s contractual requirements are met. More than just a project manager, we’re looking for a leader; As the company continues to grow, so too has the need for someone to step into this role and prove they are ready to offer direction and guidance to the rest of the team and wider business. This is a great opportunity for an experienced PM to make their mark and step up into a leadership role for the next major stage in their career.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Visiting construction sites
- Analyzing plans and other bid documents (specifications) primarily in English
- Preparing documents for the calls for tenders to subcontractors
- Meeting and analysis of subcontractors’ bids
- Taking off quantities and calculations
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates to the chief estimator/director
- Preparing bond and insurance applications for bidding
- After obtaining the contract, transmitting in detail all the information related to each item of the contract to subcontractors
- Setting project timelines
- Controlling shop drawings and instructions
- Directing and managing project development from beginning to end
- Effectively communicating project expectations to internal team and subs in a timely and clear manner
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions
- Developing and implementing quality control programs
- Supervising the work of subcontractors and junior staff
- Budget and schedule management
- Project supervision at construction sites and estimating
- Development of specifications and reports
- Monitoring the status of the project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule
- Reviewing and verifying project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Civil engineering degree or college diploma in construction technology
- Minimum 10 years experience in project planning and management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics
- Technical proficiency in MS Suite, including Word, Excel and MS Project
- Strong ability to respond to questions and analyze complex requirements
- Command of oral and written French & English
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work with new software (Procore, Maestro) an asset
- Proven ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and to perform multiple roles and functions simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of relevant federal and local construction laws
About the Job
Full-Time, permanent position, 40 hours per week; Competitive salary and benefits are on offer and this is a role that can offer genuine progression opportunities in the immediate future through succession planning for the business. Remote work is an option.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to Jordan@ParkerHuggett.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Recruiter and quote 2402.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information on Parker Huggett and our process for matching top talent with top organizations, click here: http://www.parkerhuggett.com/#ourprocess